AusculSciences Canada Inc. is seeking a Technical Writer to join their team at Kanata, Ontario location.
About the Position:
Sending you Application:
Interested candidates may please forward their resume, cover letter, and some sample publications they have created to: Careers@ausculsciences.com
- Conduct interviews with users (medical technicians, IT professionals, cardiologists, and others) and subject-matter experts (SMEs) to determine the types of product documentation which will be most effective for those user
- Design, develop, and publish a range of technical publications suited for purpose, which will include user guides, quick start guides, brochures, troubleshooting guides, product labels, on-line help content, training manuals, release notes, and
- Create content specifications, information flows, and designs for technical documents, and work with SMEs to gather the raw information necessary for the
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of illustrations, diagrams, screenshots, and other graphical elements necessary to adequately educate the audience of the
- Manage the technical documentation creation process from inception through to publication, ensuring adherence to project schedules and
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality documentation is produced, in the most efficient and effective
- Assist in the creation and editing of other corporate documentation, including marketing publications, regulatory submissions, and Quality Management System (QMS)
- Adhere to AusculSciences’ ISO 13485:2016-compliant QMS, as well as the requirements of health regulators (e.g. Health Canada, FDA, ).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Technical Writer in a technology or healthcare
- Degree or diploma from a recognized academic institution in a relevant discipline such as English, Journalism, Marketing, or
- Significant demonstrated experience in creating suites of product documentation targeting highly-educated technical audiences.
- Experience in developing an understanding of a highly-complex technology, predominantly through self-paced research, along with some interactions with SMEs.
- Experience with version control and documentation management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial
- Experience with professional publications tools such as Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe InDesign, and/or on-line help system creation
- Experience in creating illustrations using such graphic design tools such as Adobe
- Knowledge of and experience with packages used to create training
- Experience in development technical documentation for healthcare
- Familiarity with quality management systems (e.g. ISO 13485, ISO 9001, ), and in working in a regulated environment.
- Ability to create technical publications in French a plus
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to helping improve the health and well-being of people with cardiovascular
- The ability to make a difference within a close-knit but growing
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive health, dental, paramedical, and death/disability benefits
- Generous vacation allotment
- Excellent work-life balance
- Opportunities for training
- A team lunch and quiz on Fridays
- A workplace within the heart of Kanata North, with easy walking access to a number of restaurants, shops, and the extensive Beaver Pond Trail network
If you have the experience we are looking for, please forward your resume, cover letter, and some sample publications that you have created to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. AusculSciences will provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities to allow you to participate in the recruitment process, upon request.