Curtiss-Wright’s INDAL facility combines a high level of engineering and manufacturing capability with expertise in the management of large and complex defense programs to produce specific solutions for the world’s navies. With over 50 years of experience, we lead in the design and development of ship-borne helicopter handling systems, undersea sensor handling systems and specialized on-deck structures.
The Opportunity: Quality Engineer, Mississauga, ON
The role of the Quality Engineer is to Maintain and continuously improve the company’s ISO 9001:2015 based quality system. Ensure the timely flow of high-quality product from raw material to finished goods, and the proper handling of non-conforming material. This engineer will work with the different departments to revise and improve company procedures and processes, conduct internal, functional and configuration audits, and evaluate new suppliers.
- Assists in identifying, communicating and resolving supplier quality problems. Conducts audits of new and existing suppliers to determine manufacturing capability and adherence to accepted quality practices.
- Participates in cross-functional teams as the Quality representative. Engages in applying/leading quality tools
- Participates in product reviews. Uses quality tools and practices to establish approval criteria for both internal and externally manufactured parts and assemblies
- Monitors and facilitates quality activities for part approval, verifies manufacturing process and confirms process capability
- Investigates unit and product quality related issues and concerns related to product and processes, gathers and analyzes data, resolves/facilitates resolution and implements corrective action
- Facilitates and writes quality procedures for the purpose of maintaining/updating the business quality system and supports quality system audits, reviews results with audit team, and participates in management review meetings
- Provides training to coworkers, inspectors, technicians and auditors on quality procedures and tools
Essential Skills & Experience
- 10 years’ experience in a similar quality role
- Experience with drawing and schematic interpretation, geometric dimensioning and tolerance
- Standard quality tools such as FMEA (Failure Modes Effect Analysis), SPC (Statistical Process Control), Root Cause Analysis and Statistics
- Familiar with MRP system
- Experience with ISO9001 and/or AS9100 requirements
- Product and process control including acceptance sampling, material control and metrology Thorough understanding of MS Office with a focus on Excel
- Experience with engineering tools, systems and databases
- Experience in use of quantitative tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement from Lean to Kaizen and Six Sigma
- Fluent in risk management in terms of assessment, audit, control and testing
Minimum Education Requirements
- Degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering (preferably in one of the following areas: design, manufacturing, and quality)
- Professional designation (P.Eng.or C.E.T.) an asset
- CQE designation from ASQ is an asset
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet the requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and/or a Canadian government security clearance. On February 1, 2017, Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) implemented mandatory electronic fingerprinting as part of the security screening process. If you are hired by INDAL, we will assist you with the electronic fingerprinting process.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Transform Your Tomorrow…Today at Curtiss-Wright
At Curtiss-Wright Indal Technologies, you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. You will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And…that’s just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow.
333 Palladium Drive, Ottawa, ONT, K2V-1A6
T: 613-599-9199 x 5188 M: 613-857-4849