Quality Assurance Lead (Software) – SHOEBOX Audiometry
Quality Assurance Lead (Software)
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance lead who is excited to make a real impact on the world by ensuring a continuously high standard of our innovative mobile and web-based medical solutions. You will be working with a group of brilliant and passionate people.
Who are we? We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry, a division of Clearwater Clinical. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Using iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Here are some reasons why that’s important:
- 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss
- 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes
- The majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low- to middle-income countries
- Sound booths are very expensive and not mobile
With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth, without the need for clunky equipment—you just need a calibrated headset with an iPad—which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
This means that at SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a truly meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an Agile team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what mobile devices can do, and collaborating with developers who are passionate about their craft.
Why we need you:
We are growing really fast and we need more dedicated, brilliant people to join our team and help us make a difference.
You’ll have the opportunity to do all kinds of cool things like:
- Manage software QA resources to support releases and ensure quality delivery
- Oversee all aspects of software quality assurance including establishing metrics, taking initiatives to prevent defects, and developing new tools and test processes to ensure quality objectives are met
- Develop and execute manual and automated test cases
- Work with Operations, Support functions, and other impacted stakeholders to ensure software changes are communicated effectively
- Act as key interface between Support and Development team, triaging customer reported issues and providing support for troubleshooting
- Work in a fast-paced Agile environment where the features we build get into the hands of eager customers quickly
- 5+ years of software quality assurance experience, with 2+ years of experience in a lead or management role
- Solid knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies and tools, and agile software development processes
- Must have experience working with automated test frameworks and tools, and with writing end to end automated test cases
- Strong coordination and organizational skills, in order to communicate and collaborate with all levels of the business
- Experience working with Selenium WebDriver for automated testing
- You have demonstrated success in leading initiatives to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality
- Experience with Web technologies such as debugging with React devtools or similar
- Experience and knowledge in ISO 13485 or ISO 9001
- Charles or other debugging proxy tools
- Experience testing iOS mobile apps, with emphasis on automation
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON
Required education: Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, CS or related
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, flexible hours, stock options and a discretionary wellness benefit. Clearwater will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
How to Apply?
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “QA Team Lead” in the subject line. Candidates requiring sponsorship to work in Canada will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
(Clearwater Clinical/SHOEBOX Audiometry has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you have specific ergonomic needs or require other accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Clearwater at 613-728-6666 to discuss arrangements.)
We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. By replacing slow and expensive traditional approaches with mobile technology, we’re bringing healthcare products in the Audiology industry into the 21st century—making them easier to use, more affordable, and better than ever before.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes (often with beer, though sometimes with cookies), enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.