Membership in ASQ
Find out about the benefits of membership and how to join – and learn how you may work with fellow-Members to enhance the value of ASQ Canada in our community and at the same time expand your own quality horizons:
How to join – Membership Types
- contact the Membership Chair
- contact any one of the volunteers (List of our Section Volunteers)
- go to the ASQ website and register online (remember to specify Section number 407)
- contact ASQ directly at 800-248-1946 or 1-414-272-8575 .
- Organizational, or ‘sustaining’ membership – for those wishing to enroll their entire organizations
- Specially-discounted membership for Students ( see below)
Note: If you were introduced to the ASQ by a member, please ensure that you include his or her name and member number in the appropriate space on the form.
For only $25 US, a full-time or cooperative student in an accredited college or university can enjoy the benefits of ASQ membership.
Student Membership Benefits
- A subscription to Quality Progress: This monthly magazine, a $60 value, keeps you current on the latest quality news and techniques, and offers practical advice relevant to all industries.
- Research tools: Access to ASQ research tools such as the Quality Information Center (QIC) and Quality Infosearch.
- Networking opportunities: Local section meetings that provide opportunities to network and learn from other professionals by attending presentations and exchanging ideas and experiences.
- Experience: Opportunities to gain experience and sharpen leadership skills by participating in any of the local ASQ section’s volunteer committees.
- Assistance with a job search: The ASQ’s partnership with the Monster Board TM allows job searches and on-line resumé submissions through ASQ Net, the organization’s intranet. The ASQ offers its semimonthly job bulletin (Personnel Listing Service) containing a listing of available positions. Through an arrangement with Resume-Link®, ASQ enables you to place your resumé in a database which is searched by organizations looking for candidates with specific skills. All of these career services are available free of charge to members.
- Scholarships: The Richard A. Freund International Scholarship that awards $5000 annually to a student pursuing an advanced degree in the area of quality. Right-click here to download a description of this scholarship and an application form.
- Money-back guarantee: Members not 100% satisfied with their membership experience will receive their money back.
Enrollment as a student member can be done in several ways:
- by phone: 800-248-1946
- online: https://secure.asq.org/stdntapp.html
- by fax or mail using the Student Membership Application Form