A S Q C E R T I F I C A T I O N
Recent changes made to ASQ Recertification 18-Credit Program
By Raymond E. Dyer, ASQ Senior Member, CMQ/OE, CQA, Nominating Chair, Historian, and Internet Liaison
In January 2018, the ASQ Recertification 18-Credit Program was changed. Below is a summary of the main changes I observed and received confirmation on from Lisa Valle of ASQ.
- Section (E) “Meetings” has been increased from 0.3 to 0.5 RU per meeting or per workshop and the Maximum RU Credit Allowed for that section has increased from 9.0 to 11.0.
- Section (F) “Committees” has had the Maximum RU Credit Allowed for that section increased from 6.0 to 8.0.
- Section (H) “Proctoring” has had the Maximum RU Credit Allowed for that section decreased from 7.0 to 5.0.
- Section (I) “Multimedia” was renamed from “Electronic Media” to “Multimedia”.
- Section (K) “ASQ Membership Type” was newly added with 0.5 RU per year of ASQ membership in good standing for a Maximum RU Credit Allowed for that section of 1.5 RU.
All of this applies going back to the beginning of the recertification cycle currently in play, e.g. beginning of 2015 for those who recently had their certifications expire in December 2017.
One can now submit their recertification information directly online with ASQ, see https://asq.org/cert/recertification for more information. However, for those of you still wanting to deal with our Recertification Chair, please note that Dr. David Tozer has replaced Norman Dickinson who stepped down from the Leadership Team in December 2017 after many years of excellent service. David can be reached at email@example.com.
Raymond E. Dyer
Raymond E. Dyer is the ASQ Senior Member, CMQ/OE, & CQA
ASQ Montreal Section 0401 Nominating Chair, Historian, and Internet Liaison. See Raymond’s full profile at Linkedin.
For ASQ Recertification Changes updates of 2017, click here!
[sm_smlts_fancybutton size=”small” color=”orange” url=”http://asqottawa.ca” icon=”image: house”]ASQ Ottawa[/sm_smlts_fancybutton]